Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Day Job: The Stepping Stones to Bigger and Better

Miriam 26 works part time at the privately run audiology David Ormond clinic hosted by Boots pharmacy as an assistant to head audiologist.
"I'm only doing this to gain experience and as an academic requirement for my MSC programme at University College London. I also like to think that I am saving money to invest in my own clinic which I hope to open within the next 6 years if everything goes as planned."
Miriam comes from a family of audiologists and ENT's, which is obviously what inspired her to get into this field, but hopes one day to open her own private clinic which would then be expanded over Europe.
"Like Amplifon, but with more of a focus on people and up most professional support vs a place which alot of customers confuse as a sound system store."
Miriam aspires to have more of a hospital yet homely feel to her concept as she understands the grueling process of what it actually takes for a client to talk through her doors. "Boots is too white, too patronizing and UN-friendly. The audiologist is fully booked and there is only time according to what you are scheduled for - - that is probably what I dislike about this business, so I can only imagine what a nightmare it is for clinics run by the NHS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment