Monday, February 13, 2012

As You Advance As An Audiologist You Spend Less Time With Your Patients


As head audiologist at Portland hospital, Neil is concerned with all departments within the clinic, cochlear implants, hearing aids etc and regrets that as his career advanced, he in turn got to spend less time with his patients.
"In terms of my day, there is alot of figuring out numbers, evaluating my workforce, planning, research and maps. As I also start earlier than the rest of my team, my first half an hour could include managing the telephones and booking in appointments. I then see reps, do budget checks, work on ongoing projects and work on patient care pathways."

"I wish I could spend more time with my patients vs being involved in admin, but in this industry there is alot of red-tape that I have to work around, which is probably the one thing I hate the most about it."


No comments:

Post a Comment