Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Confusing Numbers


After completing 3 years BSc in audiology and one year of training, Kelly* straight away joined Amplifon as a hearing aid consultant and audiologist and has been working there for the past 3 years.
Kelly describes the concept of this store as "hearing coming together."

"We carry many different brands, and we are forever having sales reps walk through the door informing us on the new products coming out during the launches."

Kelly thinks brands do their jobs properly in terms of making the learning curve steeper when it comes to adoption and remembering what new feature is for what model, but supposes there could be a better way, which doesn't take so much time. "Often I do whip out those huge charts showing me model numbers and images etc, knowing which one I want to give to my patient and the patient gets stirred by the endless amounts of products and starts questioning my choice."
"why this one and not that one? that one is smaller, that one has a better color, what does this one do?"

"Patient trust is so important, and I don't want them to question that, so I would prefer if I could quickly search for that particular product to display to my patient with the option of 2 or 3 others vs. 20."

No comments:

Post a Comment